Friday, January 14, 2005

One busy day ahead... Judging the Regional Science Fair from morning 'till afternoon, then some darkroom work, a quick meeting with a former professor and trip Downtown (work related) before 5pm. Wish me luck and buy me a drink if I see you. :-)

Also, yesterday, Juli and I finally saw Un Long Dimanche de Fiancailles (A Very Long Engagement), a French movie by Jean-Pierre Jeunet (Amelie and City of Lost Children). What a gorgeous looking movie, an amazing story, quite depressing actually, but absolutly brilliantly made. A love story and war story, a mistery with existential touches, it has so much heart and possibility one might get lost in its intricate dazzle of a plot and execution. Juli didn't like it and we have quite different opinions on the ending, a bitter-sweet piece that is pure Jeunet and nothing that you might expect. The rest of the film has deffinite Kubrick (Paths of Glory anyone?) and Truffaut influences scaterred throughout with Jeunet's signature style and story-telling. Highly recommended!

'Till tom, have a good friday mates and so long!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ken said...

What's yp with your time stamp. It's 5:10 and it said you posted at after 7. Liar!

3:11 AM  
Blogger Mircea (Mitch) said...

What the hell u doing up at 5:10....:-)
I thought I wouldn't have time to post this morning, so I had to come up with something. Damn Ken, u caught me in a lie!

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home